Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Here we go again!

So basketball season is upon us once again!

Last year's season marked a huge turn around in my attitude towards Todd's coaching job.
I went from a miserable stay at home wife who whined and complained about her husband's long hours and how "I had to do it all" with the kids all by myself from the time they woke till the time they went to bed to a happy and content wife who took it all in stride. I went from a wife who couldn't care less about basketball and never went to a game to an avid fan who couldn't get to enough games and truly didn't want the season to end.

I had decided before last season even started that I was going to give myself an attitude adjustment. I had decided that in the 2009/10 season the kids and I were going to make the half hour trip to where Daddy coached as many times as possible to support him.

So that is what we did.

An amazing thing happened last year. The girls NEVER lost.

I'm not saying that this is due to my support or my attitude adjustment. I am saying that I believe that God kicked in an extra blessing just because He could. That the girls were going to have a winning season is an undisputed fact. They were great. They had a great coach. But to go undefeated? And win the state title? Not only do I believe that this is the stuff great sports movies are made of but I also believe that we had a bit of Help on our side.
My belief is that when we get on board with God's plan for our life (without whining and complaining) the blessings are beyond compare.

Thank you God for a great season! AND for the blessing of getting to experience an undefeated one!

Sooooooooooooo, like I said... here we go again.




Our record as I write this is 4-2. Todd says this is a rebuilding year and he is excited about the challenge.

I am excited to be a part of it once again. Winning season or not!

Go Seneca Valley Screaming Eagles!!

2 comments:

Tiercy said...

I love it! I wish I was there to go to a game or two, or three! When I played church basketball a few years ago I called it a basketball try-umph because we lost every game but 1...but we always showed up ready to play and with great sportsmanship and great attitudes and I thoroughly enjoyed playing. And funny enough, although I've played 3 seasons since, that is the one I really remember. I hope Todd has a successful season! And you have fun cheering. Maybe you would rather have pom poms than a gift card you can't use. haha.

ann said...

I ready for another season. Todd was absent from the one game I went to so far--The BCC game when he was home with the flu. The girls missed their coach! So did I! Good luck to the team! Playing well is worth its weight in gold!