Saturday, December 18, 2010

Gingerbread Houses

********UPDATE********
So in reading back over this post I must ask you: Aren't we amazing??? Look how CALM and enjoyable we make this all look!! Please keep in mind that together we had 6(!!!) boys ages 7 and under, one girl, and one dog, all doing an edible art project at the same small table that seats 6. Of course I suppose I should fess up and admit that Mindy is a kindergarten teacher and I homeschool my older three so there is a slight possibility that we have control issues... but still.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Today my sister, Mindy, came over with her crew of 3 boys to make gingerbread houses with us.
The kids had a great time decorating their masterpieces.
Here are Mindy, Luke and Elliot working on their house:

Kyle, Julainna, and Drew:

Jake and Ryan don't seem to mind that noone wants them "helping" out! Luke is being so careful to place his candy in just the right spot.
Hmmm, look who needs to be in the spotlight. Silly Elliot!

Oh kids! The candy is for your houses... not your noses!
Of course a little icing on the finger never hurts either!

Penny volunteered to be the clean up crew! This is one of the reasons why I love having a dog.

1 comment:

ann said...

What fun! Making great memories for kids!