Thursday, March 10, 2011

TMI

WARNING!!! and please do not say that I didn't warn you... because I am warning you...
If you shy away from candid discussions of body parts with children... more accurately candid discussions about MY body parts with a 3 year old Jake then look away my friend... LOOK AWAY NOW!!

It all started last night when Jake and I needed to rush out of the house to pick up Julianna, Drew, and Kyle better known by Jake as "my kids". (yes Tiercy right after I hung up with you!)

I needed to go to the bathroom and was in such a rush that I didn't close the door properly. In all of 2 seconds Jake sashayed into the room to join me. Now I should probably tell you that we are in the thick of potty training with him and he is VERY curious about how the whole going pee and poop works for different individuals.

He peeks between my legs and says, "You going pee pee with your penis, Mommy?"
"No, honey, Mommy doesn't have a penis. Only boys like you and Daddy have a penis."
He peers closer. (I am getting stage fright and trying with all my might to end this quickly!!) "What's that?"
"Hair. When you get bigger you get hair there. Daddy has hair there too, remember?"
"NO HE DOES NOT!! MY DADDY NOT HAVE HAIR ON HIS PENIS!! THAT'S NOT FAIR!! DON'T YOU TELL ME!!!"
He storms out of the bathroom. (Not sure what that was all about because he showers with Daddy fairly often.)

Naively I think this is over. Right? This will never be brought up again, right?

Please?

This morning Jakey comes up to me and smiles at me so sweetly that I am about to kiss him right on the tip of his cute button nose.
"Mommy? You got a hair penis?"
(cue needle scratching across record album)
"No... honey, I have a vagina. Girls like Mommy and Julianna have a vagina and boys have a penis."
"NO!! JULIANNA HAS A PENIS!!" (Mind you, he has never seen his sister naked.)
(Julianna shrieking from somewhere in another room) "I DO NOT!!"

So anyway, like I said, I warned you.

Now it's your turn. What crazy discussions have you had with your kids lately?

3 comments:

Tiercy said...

Too funny.

Paige said...

I don't remember any conversations as juicy as this!! Hilarious.

Brooke said...

Had to read this one aloud to my husband! Too funny.