Sunday, March 21, 2010

On running

I think I solved my problem!!! I finally went to one fo those specialty shoe stores. You know? The kind where they watch you walk, check out your feet, and tell you what shoes are best geared for you.

Well, after spending like a gazillion dollars I walked out of the store with my new shoes and inserts AND a hopeful heart.

I wore them around the house for a few days to get used to them like the guy told me to do. Then yesterday I went for a 5 mile run... outside... not on my treadmill. Well, ok. I did 3 outside and 2 on the treadmill. I'm trying to ease into the outdoor runs.

Today? NO PAIN!!!!

6 weeks to go till the Frederick 1/2 Marathon!!!

I think I can! I think I can!! I think I can!!!

2 comments:

Emilie said...

wooooo hoooooo!!!! so exciting! what kind of shoes did you get?

Michelle said...

Mizuno?? I never heard of them before. My feet are horribly flat with almost non existant arches. I pronate really bad.

I'm cautiously optimistic. Started subscribing to Runner's World. Bought a book on injury prevention for runners. I'm totally NOT giving up.

It was such a high to run outside for the forst time!!

I had to laugh at your post on smoothie making. The kids and I have been addicted to them for a few weeks now and I had thought a few times, "would they really be able to tell if I threw some veggies in here??" You have given me a little push to JUST DO IT once again!