Wednesday, January 5, 2011

So, I'm angry

This morning I was running on my treadmill as Todd was getting ready to leave for work. We are, as you know, in the midst of basketball season. Last night he had a game which means he got home late and we really didn't have time to talk before we went to sleep. His team won in overtime by the way!! Pretty cool!!

So, like I said, I'm on the treadmill and he is getting ready to leave for work. He came down and broke some bad news that almost made me fall off my treadmill. News that is not mine to share, so I won't, except to say that it has to do with yet another loved one battling cancer.

I HATE you cancer.

It made me recall a saying on the inside of a card that I got years ago from someone else who was battling cancer. I thought I would share these words as they brought me a small amount of comfort this morning.

Cancer is so limited...
It cannot cripple Love
It cannot shatter Hope
It cannot corrode Faith
It cannot destroy Peace
It cannot kill Friendship
It cannot suppress Memories
It cannot silence Courage
It cannot invade the Soul
It cannot steal eternal Life
It cannot conquer the Spirit
-Anonymous

I hope these words bring you peace today.

2 comments:

Paige said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tiercy said...

OMGosh! I felt the same way! I wanted to scream from my rooftop when I heard.

I love that poem...can I share it?