Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Week One... check!

Last week marked the beginning of the end.

The beginning of the end of 2010.

The beginning of the end of the holidays.

The beginning of the end of Todd's winter break.

The beginning of the end of Julianna's first decade of life (sniff, sniff).

AND... the beginning of the end of 6 weeks of rest from training runs.


The day after Christmas was day one of week one of training. Talk about getting right into it after all the holiday feasts. (and in case you were wondering I DID NOT take my last post seriously... lots of healthy eating going on around here!! more on that later.)


So here I am reporting in on my first week of training for the Big Sur Marathon.

Sunday(26th)- rest

Monday(27th)- rest

Tuesday(28th)- rest (what can I say we were away on a little trip)

Wednesday(29th)-3.1 miles (I can't do just 3 miles anymore. When my goal is 3 I have to do the extra .1 to make it a 5K)

Thursday(30th)- 5miles + yoga to stretch

Friday(31st)- 3.1miles

Saturday(Happy New Year)- 8miles


I have to say that I was surprised at how easy all the runs for last week were. I wasn't very sore at all. Saturday's run was hard at times but I think that was mostly because I was so tired from staying up late to bring in the new year. I found it harder than usual to hold a conversation with Meredith without gasping for breath. I guess I need to relearn how to run and talk at the same time again :)
So here we are after running 8 miles:
I think my hat makes me look bald.

2 comments:

Emilie said...

go girls! love it! (michelle... tell me more about this running hydration vest that you're wearing)!

Meredith said...

Yeah us! I think we look great for an 8 mile run on new years morning!!