Sunday, September 21, 2008

Family Fun!

This week has been a busy week! On Wednesday we went to the Great Frederick Fair and on Saturday we went for a hike up to Cunningham Falls! So much fun!

Here we are at the top of the Ferris Wheel at the fair. We think that the ride operator was playing games on his computer and lost track of time because we kept going round and round. For 15 minutes!!! We had a blast but the people in line after us were quite tired of the wait.
















Here we are starting out on our hike. Thank you whoever you are that stopped to take this picture for us!

Todd and the kids went climbing on the rocks of the falls. Todd is right in the center of the picture and the kids are around him.My turn to carry Jake!
Look closely in this next picture to see a couple of lizards lying on some rocks!!

Did you see them? They were so still and blended in with their surroundings so well Todd and I almost missed them!

4 comments:

Paige said...

Love the lizards on the rocks!! They are so cute. I would have loved to heard the story behind how they came to be "lizards." Looks like you guys had a great family day!! Wish we could have been there with you!

Michelle said...

The really funny thing is that there is no story. I have no clue as to what caused my wild boys who were running and jumping off everything in sight to just lay down on rocks and be still. Before this picture was taken we told them a million times, "Stay on the path, please! I'm not hopping down into that ravine to pull you out!!"
And as you can see, Jake will be another wild boy. The Bumgardner Triple Threat I call them!

Emilie said...

So impressed that you make an outing with 4 look easy and fun.

also, send me your email address. I want to tell you my running stories to further convince you that you can run a 1/2 marathon. let's ALL do one together. paige? tiercy? come on girls!

Tiercy said...

Ha, so this is the post that started it all. LOL What a great family activity! I love being in the outdoors. Steve, unfortunately doesn't like walks or hikes, or rock climbing...I could go on. I'll do it with my boys.