Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Happy Birthday Kyle and Noah!

September 3rd is a special/memorable day for many reasons.

~4 years ago today my 3rd child Kyle Nathanael was born!

Here is our silly song (one day I might post this in video for you)
Mommy: Who's a sweet and silly boy?

Kyle: Kyle Ma-fan-yel

Mommy: Who brings Mommy so much joy?

Kyle: Kyle Ma-fan-yel

Mommy: Who's the one I love to hug?

Kyle: Kyle Ma-fan-yel

Mommy: I just can't do without his love!

Kyle: Kyle MA-FAN-YEL!!!


~5 years ago Klaus Brand, Todd's uncle, passed away. Klaus was one of the kindest, gentlest, men I have ever met. I can still feel his hands on both my cheeks as he would greet me at one of our many family get togethers. Klaus, I miss you! Our loss is heaven's gain.


~9 years ago (is that possible) our family welcomed the first child born after Todd and I were married, Noah Reed Pagley. Noah you danced at my wedding in your Mommy's tummy. Happy Birthday today you HANDSOME boy!


~42 years ago (no I don't remember this!) my parents were married! Happy Anniversary you two! May you have many, many more happy years together!


So there you have it! All my reasons for holding today as a special day in my heart.

4 comments:

Emilie said...

um, speaking of misty eyed!
So touched at that memory of my dad, Michelle. We can't believe it has been 5 years.
Love all the pics of the cousins. What a great idea to have one mass birthday party. I miss everyone!
Emilie

Michelle said...

Emilie,
We miss you guys too! I feel a bit closer by seeing your beautiful family grow through your blog. I can't believe just a month ago I was scoffing at the idea...

Tiercy said...

Yes, I loved the memory you shared of Klaus and instantly felt his hands on my cheeks too. Along with tears in my eyes. I think this day clearly demonstrates the circle of life.

beth said...

Hi Michelle,

I was so touched by your comments about Klaus. Observing the fifth anniversary of his death was not easy--I still can't believe he is gone and still miss him EVERYday but I feel his presence so often. And I am glad that Kyle and Noah have birthdays on the same day as his death. It reinforces that wonderful understanding of the cycle of life .

Your family is beautiful and I so enjoy seeing all the photos and reading about the team Bumgardner. OH and three cheers to your "Cakemaker."