Sunday, September 7, 2008

Todd's Hidden Talent!

For a couple of years now Todd has been encouraged by our friend Jeff to make the kid's birthday cakes. Easy for him to say. He is quite the handy cake maker. His birthday cake creations are legendary in these parts. Well, 2 years later, that day finally arrived. Todd decided he was ready to show us what he was made of in the kitchen. I have to admit that I was not in anyway confident that this would end well. I envisioned running to the store at the last minute to purchase a pre-made bakery cake to replace the mess I was sure would be Todd's finished product.

Well, let it be written, let it so be inscribed: I WAS WRONG!!!!
I will let the pictures speak for themselves. Below are Kyle's 4th birthday party pictures. Can you guess the theme?

Todd and Jeff getting the icing ready.

The icing has to be just the right color.
Starting the process.
The finished product! Isn't it great?
Kyle was so excited about his special cake.
Kyle with his Daddy the cake hero!
Happy Birthday to you, Kyle! I'm laughing as I look at this picture. I just noticed for the first time that Drew looks like he is whispering in Kyle's ear. Can you hear him? "Just wait till February, Kyle, mine is gonna be way better than yours!"

5 comments:

Tiercy said...

Wow, how long did that take? I am very impressed!! Can Todd make me a cake for mine, I mean our birthday? Cute whispering picture with Drew and Kyle.

Paige said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michelle said...

the pagleys,
Why you gotta dis' Kyle's Daddy like that? We don't go around telling Noah and Tobin what Andy likes to do in his spare time!

Seriously, I'm only defending Todd because I'm so tickled that the cake turned out so well. Um, you did notice Jeff in one of the pictures? He was our insurance policy that the end product would be great!

However, even though our contract with Jeff is up there is talk of doing a "Cake of the Month". Stay tuned to future postings! :)

Tiercy you may get your birthday cake after all. Paige... you have to behave yourself and then we'll talk :)

Tiercy said...

OMGosh! I thought Paige's comment was hilarious! Are you telling the Bumgardner lack of humor struck again. This is what brothers of sisters do. In fact, Michelle, don't you have pictures of Drew dressed up in Julianna's play clothes?? I remember them well. hahahahahah I love you guys.

Please don't put me on the x-list for sharing my opinion on Paige's comment. I really need cake. Can I place an order? ha Something chocolate please.

Unknown said...

Didn't you know that I taught Todd how to decorate a cake?

LOL!


Todd's mom