Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Our Weekend Away!

This post is long overdue!

A couple of weeks ago on April 19th Todd and I received the greatest gift.

A weekend ALONE. Like totally alone. With. No. Kids.

Todd told me that his wonderful Mom (Ann) and her Hubby (Al) had offered to watch our kids while we enjoyed the use of a condo of a friend of hers. The condo was in Ocean City, MD and it was RIGHT on the beach! Ann and Al and Uncle Blair arrived on Friday evening. It was like an army moving in to watch our little army. No seriously, the kids were so happy to get rid of us and enjoy being totally spoiled and having their every single wish instantly met to have Mom-Mom, Al and Uncle Blair all to themselves. We enjoyed dinner together and then we made our getaway.

We arrived late at night but we still managed to relax, open the balcony doors and listen to the sound of the waves rolling up on the shore before going to bed.

In the morning we opened the balcony once again to this view! We enjoyed doing NOTHING! No serving breakfast to 4 kids. No diaper changing. No refereeing. No doing ANYTHING we didn't want to do!

I actually read a book! At one point I looked up to see something catch my eye maybe 50 yards out from shore. As I kept looking to see what it was that caught my eye, I noticed like 20 dolphins frolicking in the surf. I was so excited that I had to call my Julianna and tell her what I was seeing. I tried to get pictures but by the time I grabbed my camera they were too far away already.

Todd on the balcony:

The kitchen:

The dining and living room:
On Saturday we walked on the boardwalk and grabbed lunch (crab cakes and beer) at a little place right there on the boardwalk. We noticed many people riding bikes up and down the boardwalk and noted where they were rented from. We decided that we just had to do this too on Sunday morning before we left for home.
Saturday afternoon we actually took a nap!! When is the last time I ever did that? Then we were off for dinner out and a movie later.
Sunday we got up early to head for the bike rental place. We were excited to enjoy a morning bike ride before our long ride home in the car.
But... when we showed up the place was closed. I guess the hours are different during the off season.
So we walked on the beach for a bit before heading home!

I have to say that this was one of the most relaxing getaways I have ever been on!
Thank you Ann and Al and Blair!
We sooooooooooooooo needed that!

3 comments:

Todd said...

Seeing the pictures again reminds me that I want to go back. Just my wife and I for a few hours - too good to pass up. Thanks again Mom, Al and Blair

Todd

Unknown said...

Freaks! I think we were there the next weekend!!!

Looks like fun. Call us sometime.

-Buff

Tiercy said...

What a great trip! I feel that way about San Fran when Steve whisked me there last summer. It was such a magical time because it was Steve and tiercy again! So glad you guys got to do this. My mom is soooo great about taking the kids.