Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Sisterly Sarcasm kept me Seriously in Stitches!

So here is a glimpse into my day. It started out with a little innocent e-mail being passed around between my sisters and my Mom. We are planning a Mother's Day Brunch for each other this Saturday. Basically it's just a plan to sit around and eat yummy breakfast food and drink mimosas all morning while our husbands watch the kids. Sounds like fun right?

Oh and some useful background info:

1-My Dad is a research chemist. He is now retired from NASA where he worked on Upper Atmospheric (ahem) stuff.

2- My Mom has an endearing habit of unwittingly changing the pronunciation of certain syllables in certain words. Whenever this happens in conversation my sisters and I look at each other and collapse in giggles. We can't help it. Our favorite words are: mozzarella and aqua. For some reason those come up often and are pronounced "mutzarelle" and "aaaqua"



Meredith: Hi! Just wanted to check in with everyone to 1) remind you guys that this Saturday is the Mother's Day brunch at Mom & Dad's house at 9:30am; and 2) see what everyone is planning to bring so that we don't have duplicates, etc.
Looking forward to seeing everyone - it has been way too long!


Mindy: Cheezy potatoes!


Michelle: Egg/Cheese/Sausage strata!


Mindy: What exactly is a strata? Shouldn't it just be called an egg dish with sausage and cheese? Or what happened to casserole???


Michelle: Spoken like a true culinary nit-wit!


Meredith: she is the daughter of a scientist - she was thinking of stratosphere.


Michelle: Actually, she takes after Mom too so it's more like strata-sphere.


Mom: I'm lost.


Mindy: you two are soooo funny! Maybe there will be something special in your cheezy potatoes.

Michelle: don't you mean cheezy patatoes?


Meredith: are you going to make them with mutzarelle?


Somewhere in the midst of all this my Mom replied just to Meredith (because we suspect that she does NOT know how to "reply all") that she was making her Amaratta (amaretto) fruit dip.


Oh Mommy, don't ever change! I love you JUST the way you are!

2 comments:

Meredith said...

Seeing it all together like this made me laugh hysterically!!

Tiercy said...

That is hilarious! Pass these along more often!